Kamod.org.ua uses s for personalization, to customize its online advertisements, and for other purposes. or change your preferences. Kamod.org.ua supports the Digital Advertising Alliance principles. By continuing to use our service, you agree to our use of s.
We use s () You can change preferences. Continued site use signifies consent.
FLARE Beauty Director Juliette Baxter singles out spring’s hottest catwalk beauties
by Photography by Anthea Simms
Top 10 Models FLARE Beauty Director Juliette Baxter singles out spring’s hottest catwalk beauties
Photography, Anthea Simms
BELLES DE JOUR Tall, shapely and able to walk in killer heels are the minimum pre-requisites to make it on the international runways. Place this same batch of models under the scrutiny of a beauty editor and the rules change a little. We’re looking for amazing skin, lively eyes and a billboard smile.
Keeping these highly unscientific parameters in mind, there was a bevy of babes on the Spring 2009 catwalks that caught our eye and for their sake, hopefully the consideration of a big money cosmetics contracts too (a coveted prize in any model’s career). Here’s our list of favourites to win in the beauty fame game.
1. Jourdan Dunn Voted “Model of the Year” at the most recent British Fashion Awards and signed with the same agency as Kate Moss, Dunn is taking some of the spotlight from fellow Brit girl of the moment, Agyness Deyn. We’re simply gaga over her cheekbones, so razor sharp, there’s no contouring required.
2-4. Tara Gill, Amanda Laine, and Taryn Davidson The fact that Canadian girls kick ass is not just a cliché, it’s the spoken, t-shirt logo’d truth (hand held on heart). Take a look at these homegrown stars (those lips, those eyes, all that perfect, fresh-faced skin) and we’re convinced this trio shares a strong start out of the gate towards the big leagues.
5. Arlenis Sosa We’re especially jealous of this Elite Model competition winner’s killer smile—it’s the kind that could sell a gazillion lipsticks (we humbly confess our own grins could warily sell one). Coincidentally, the big wigs at Lancome think so too. She’s set to debut in their ad campaigns in January 2009.
6. Ali Stephens A seasoned newcomer and rising star, she has an ethereal quality (read: out-of-this-world face) so distinct, her first major gig was walking for Prada (HQ for casting unconventional beauties). Though she’s not your typical blonde, nor your typical brunette, please don’t mistake her for mousy. She’s quite simply one-of-a-kind.
7. Hyoni Kang Sure she’s a Ford Supermodel of the World winner, sure she’s got perfect porcelain skin, sure she’s got that allusive mix of looking cute and sexy at the same time. All the more reasons why we could see her fronting a major skincare line that you, me, your best friend, her best friend, her sister and her cousin—etcetera, etcetera—would certainly lust after.
8. Lakshmi Menon Hailing from India, but already a globetrotter and ad campaign winner (she’s both an Hermes and Givenchy muse), this 26-year old has a sophisticated edge and seriously smoldering eyes that sets her apart from the rest. Enough said.
9. Eniko Mihalik When you’re the muse for star fashion shooters Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, there’s no denying the camera loves you. With wide set eyes (fyi: this is a good thing) and retro sexy appeal, she’s set to catch up to her sometimes doppelganger—supermodel Daria Werbowy—in no time.
10. Sessilee Lopez This Victoria’s Secret model and Tyra Banks-to-be has her own blog and website adding a voice and a point of view to her bikini-slammin’ figure. Rumour has it she’s dated Kanye West. We think her sparkling almond-shaped eyes may have had something to do with that.
Subscribe to FLARE Need to Know for smart, sassy, no-filter takes on everything you're interested in—including style, culture & current events, special offers—sent straight to your inbox each day.
Sign up here.